Friday 3 May 2013

Catching up!

How on earth did I manage a month with no posting? Well, 2 weeks were on a fab holiday in Majorca, just what we needed - sunshine, relaxation and a chance to unwind. This is our fab hotel in Puerto Pollensa, the Hotel Miramar:






Loving Hands Shetland has moved on, we now have a Facebook page: LovingHandsShetland. We also have an offer to deliver blanket squares and hats to Turkey for the Syrian refugee children on our behalf by a driver in the Mongol Rally - which will save postage and should actually get delivered! (long story!) Dianne still needs people to knit or crochet blanket squares, she and her group are doing such a great job supplying some handmade love to the kids in the refugee camps, her blog and the details are here: love-in-the-language-of-yarn Next weekend in the Scotland Knitting Show and I am going to be taking charity items with me for distribution to Greenfields Africa and Operation Orphan. Folk all over Shetland are contributing to the pile of hats and squares in the corner of my bedroom, one lady alone donated over 80 hats!




On my own stashbusting progress, I have been playing with the yarn I bought before I went on holiday. I am making a sampler granny square blanket so it's still a wip and can't be counted as stash busted yet. What do you think of this possible layout? - a lot more to make yet!


I have made a hat for a friend's niece (first time auntie!) which weighed a mighty 35g. The white yarn has a bit of sparkle in it which I like.


I have also been adding borders to previously crocheted granny squares to make them 8", a total of 319g so far.

It's not yarn stashbusting, but I've also made 4 patchwork cushions from my fabric stash!



Stash Busting Progress:
Yarn at start of year: 31,034g
Yarn gained: 1550g
Yarn busted: Jan: 1049g, Feb: 1157g, March:  454g, April: 319g, May: 35g     Total: 3014g
Yarn given away: 400g
Yarn in stash: 29,170g

4 comments:

  1. I like the granny square layout. It's going to look fantastic when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and great colours too! Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll mention you anywhere I can Dianne - every little helps!

      Delete